R. Holt and Company Limited (known as Holts or Holts Lapidary) is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us and is part of our Terms and Conditions.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services, including your name, address, phone number, email address and credit/debit card details.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- Cookies - We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
- You can read more information on the cookies we use here.
Where we store your personal data
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is however not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and the computer that you are using;
- To enable you to participate in interactive features of the site;
- To provide you with information relating to our website, product or our services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information on other products or services that we feel may be of interest to you in line with those you have previously expressed an interest in via our website;
- To process a purchase you have made;
- To meet our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- To inform you of any special offers, competitions and promotions that we are running either on our website or in our store;
- To seek your views or comments on the products services we provide;
- To notify you about any changes to our website, including improvements, and service or product changes;
- To occasionally send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about our jewellery and or gemstone products and services;
- For our internal purposes including statistical or survey purposes, quality control, site performance and evaluation in order to improve our website;
- To administer this website.
Holts never allows your details to be used by any other organisations other than authorised service providers.
Disclosure of your information
How to unsubscribe:
If you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that it may take up to 5 days to remove email addresses from our database.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.